Monday, January 26, 2015

Aug 29, 2012 - the missing do-hicky



Went to mow Bartlett’s lawn with the tractor and the lawn mower in the trailer. I got there and unloaded the lawn mower and the tractor, after cursing and swearing and kicking to get the gate off the end of the trailer. I drove the tractor around to the Jeep, set-up the air compressor to inflate a soft tire and the little do-hicky you put the air into WASN’T THERE! I found a piece of wood and managed to lift the tractor onto it, so that the wheel /tire in question was off the ground. I couldn’t find any tools in the Jeep that I could pry the tire off the rim with, in order to get at the do-hicky, so I sat down and cried at the prospect of cutting all that crass without the tractor.  On top of that, I realized my little gas can wasn’t in the Jeep…it was in Kevin’s truck somewhere downtown.  I mowed ¾ of the lawn with the lawn mower and then I decided that was enough, that Kevin could probably fix the tire for me a little later and finish up with the tractor. When we came back Darcy came, too, and played in the jungle gym, which she loved.


In the meantime, back at the cottage, I found and dug up the septic tank cover so it could be emptied.  It took a couple of hours as I had to dig down to the drain pipe and follow it away from the house to find the tank, since it is the first time we emptied it. Darcy enjoyed playing with all the worms I dug up.

No comments:

Post a Comment