Sunday, January 25, 2015

Oct 3, 2011: Not fun.



We decided that today, with Kevin leaving for 3 weeks in just 2 days, we had better get the boat out.
Kevin put our newly repaired tire on the trailer and drove it around to the launch while I drove the boat (in the rain) down to the other end of the lake.

I got the boat nicely centered on the trailer this year - YAY - and we pulled it out, strapped it on and took off.

We made a quick stop at Myrna and Lee's for a lunch and then we headed home the back way due to all the construction, rough roads, wait times, etc, on the highway. About three quarters of the way home, we got a flat. A really flat, coming off the rim, flat tire on the REPAIRED tire! :-s



We know someone who lives on the road, so I was on Kevin's cell, which was working when I stood a certain way in a certain spot trying to call him, when said person happened to drive by! :-)
He even had a trailer behind his truck with a spare on it. :-D
But his spare was too big. :-(
But he had a friend with a trailer with a spare - he'd be back in half an hour.
Which he was, with the spare. :-)
But it was too big, too. :-(
Rob gave Kevin a ride into town with the flat tire to get it fixed. :-)
While I waited with the Jeep and the boat for an hour. :-(
In the rain. :'-(
Looking at this:



Kevin picked up my car at home (thank goodness I left the keys at home) and got the flat fixed, for free, and came back.


In the mean time Kevin missed a meeting with Cameron's teacher and I was starting to get worried about picking up Darcy at daycare on time...  We got the tire back on and I followed Kevin home just to be sure. Kevin completely missed the meeting, but I got to daycare with 5 minutes to spare!
And I got a sore throat just for being such a good sport. *cough cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment