Monday, January 26, 2015

Burgler Be Gone!




July 5, 2013

I caught a burgler in our house this morning! He was at the top of the stairs when I walked in the front door. I shouted, “What are you doing in my house!” He came (calmly) down the stairs, pushed me out of his way and ran down the hall…with me in hot pursuit! 

I’ll spare you the details, but I will tell you that 2 people in a car heard me screaming and saw the man running down the street and chased him! They lost him when he took a foot path, but they reported their descriptions of him to the police. 

The good news is that I caught him shortly after he got there. He did get away with my piggy bank and a wood jewelry box that my father made when he was in high school (and its contents), but nothing else. He did not hurt me and did not trash anything, other than the door he kicked in.

Back at the lake we had a swim, saw the mommy duck and her babies and a great blue heron landed on our wharf (picture in previous blog post).

No comments:

Post a Comment